Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm Falling Apart!!

Two years ago, when I turned 50, I was in the best shape of my life.  I was working out like a fiend.  I lifted weights and went to spinning classes.  I did the abs class after spinning, and sometimes, in the right light, I could actually see a six pack! I don't mind telling you I was BUFF!

Something dreadfully wrong has happened in the last two years.  Lately my body seems to be systematically revolting against me, one part at a time.  I can't read ANYTHING now without my glasses.  My knee, hip, and back are killing me.  I'm limping around like a man 30 years older.  IT SUCKS!  The constant pain is making it hard to enjoy the things I love...like fast food, Leave it to Beaver Marathons, old rock and roll, and puppies.  Seriously, when you get to the point where you can't enjoy puppies it might be time to pack it in.

After making a desperate plea to my orthopedic surgeon to get me in as soon as possible I was able to get an appointment tomorrow at 9AM.  I'm going to suggest they just take the whole leg and replace it with a wooden peg.  I've always wanted to walk around with a wooden leg while the parrot on my shoulder says embarrassing things to people on the street.  Perhaps my dream will come true.

All I know is this getting old crap isn't for sissies!

No comments:

Post a Comment