Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Birthday John!

Tomorrow is John Lennon's birthday.  I'm wearing my Beatles t-shirt, that I bought in Las Vegas at the "Beatles Love" store at the Mirage.  All afternoon I'll be taking requests so if you have a favorite Beatles or John Lennon song, give me a call at 245-9700 and I'll play it for you.  It's just a small way to celebrate the life of such an influential person.

For those of you who are interested in knowing, I had lunch today with my old K-Bear morning show partner Jay.  Jay sends his love to you all.  I had a BBQ bacon burger while I believe Jay had some sort of chicken salad.  It was nice to see my old buddy.  We've been through a lot.  I still remember the time that Jay mooned me when I was introducing a band onstage downtown one night.  Sometimes, just before the sun rises as I'm halfway between sleep and waking, I can still see that bright white moon staring me in the face.  Oh the horror!

Ok...enough chit chat.  Time to prepare some Lennon tunes for the show.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment